Our Values and Ethos are at the centre of everything we do here at North Cadbury C of E Primary School. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils to leave us as confident, happy citizens.
This begins with our school mission statement: "To be the best we can be" and follows through with our Christian Values.
At North Cadbury C of E Primary School we aim to:
Ensure outstanding teaching and a culture of high expectations and high attainment where all of our children reach their full potential and take pride in their achievements.
· Create a safe and stimulating environment, providing a learning experience which meets the needs of all;
· Enable children to develop as independent, motivated learners with creative enquiring minds;
· Promote and develop pupils’ spiritual, moral and cultural growth via the delivery of the agreed Somerset RE syllabus (representing all faiths) and daily Collective Worship of a mainly Christian character;
· Provide good examples that children will use as a reference for positive behaviour;
· Encourage children to care for and respect themselves, the local community and others.
We focus on our values throughout the year in our Collective Worship, but also throughout our curriculum. Our children have regular opportunities to reflect on each value and to develop an understanding of that value in action.
In order to make our values meaningful to the children, we have worked with them to develop core values that we will focus on throughout a two year rolling programme, allowing us and the children to develop our understanding of our FAITH at North Cadbury.
Hope Health & Happiness
Throughout each year we will look at these values in more detail, focusing initially on Friendship/Faith throughout the Autumn term, then the other values over the course of the following four half terms.
We are of course aware that there are many other Christian Values, and these are also woven into our teaching and spiritual learning throughout the year.
Church on a page for those not able to attend a service 🙏